Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Embrace the Ugly!

The ugly Christmas sweater that is.

Have you seen Lorna's newest quilt along?  If not, jump on over to her blog and check it out here.

 

She is hosting a quilt along celebrating the ugly Christmas sweater.  I just love it because my boys have totally embraced the ugly Christmas sweater trend.  they have multiple sweaters and wear them all December long.  Som they are going to get such a kick out of this quilt.

Since, I love scraps and keep every. tiny. piece, I have lots and lots of random Christmas scraps.  I have 3 bags full actually.


There are all sorts of styles and colors in there, which will help make every sweater unique.  This will be a true scrap quilt!

Sweater Block #1 

Instead of doing the 9 patch, I decided to use one of the larger prints. Since it wasn't quite big enough, I added borders to it to blend in with the sweater, and I like it even better that way! 


Sweater Block #2



Sweater Block #3

I would have really loved some more of those blue accents on the bottom of the sweater, but I just didn't have enough.  I tried a few other fabrics, but nothing seemed right, so I just extended the red fabric down and left it plain.



I can't wait for the rest of the blocks to be released.  This will be such a fun quilt and a great way to use up these random little bits.

Thank you Lorna!

Thanks for stopping by!

Tracy

6 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the first block - the others are nice as well, but that first one is a winner

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the first block - the others are nice as well, but that first one is a winner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas sweaters Tracy, and I agree with Elaine, sweater one is great.

    Smiles
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Ugly Sweater blocks! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is this! I've seen lots of clothing block quilts (bikinis, bras, dresses, shoes, aprons, etc.) but the ugly Christmas sweater is a new one! And a great idea! I love the ones you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sweaters! Great use of all those holiday scraps. Hope to see you again on Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete