Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

Paper pieced pillow

I finished this pillow a couple of weeks ago but forgot to snap a picture of it before I took it down to our local county fair.


I am new to paper piecing, but I think I am hooked!  I LOVE the way it looks, but I hate waste (it makes me twitch to see wasted fabric), and there is some waste involved with paper piecing.  I tried to cut pieces that were JUST big enough, but ended up frustrated when they didn't fold over right.  So I had to take a deep breath and just cut nice big pieces.  And, I survived!  The final product is definitely worth it. 

This pattern is from The Paper-Pieced Home by Penny Layman

And guess what?  It won 2nd place at the fair.  Whoop!

This was my first time entering anything at the fair.  I entered 5 items and all 5 placed.  Yay!! 


I'll try to get pictures of all the winning items up this week.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tracy

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Tracy! So happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you entered. Your pillow is great and I really figured it would win first place. Awesome job paper piecing. Congratulations on Best of Show!!!! Looking forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete