Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Another Accidental Quilt...

Sometimes I "accidentally" start and finish a quilt that was not on my list.  That is just what happened this weekend.  Oops!

It started when I saw this quilt on Pinterest.



I loved it immediately.  I am always looking for ways to use up my 2 1/2 inch scrappy strips, so I printed out the directions for LATER.  You know, when I wasn't already working on like 5 different quilts.  But, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

At first I thought, I'd just pull out my scraps and organize them by color to see what I have.  Then, I'll just try a sample block to see how it works.  Then, let me just sort my white scraps and see if I will have enough.

Before I knew it, I had finished the whole thing.


And I LOVE it!


A happy accident for sure!

Thanks for stopping by,
Tracy

5 comments:

  1. And what a very happy looking accident it is. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ein toller quilt auch die Farben einfach wunderschön.
    Lg Karo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, fun! Those are some good looking scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very colorful and pretty design!!! I know what you mean-- I just have to start something in the midst of other projects sometimes when the urge strikes me!

    ReplyDelete