Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Taking a break.

I have been sewing like crazy this week getting ready for a craft fair this weekend.  It was nice to take a little time to sew something just for me.  I made a couple of blocks that have been on my mind lately.

I can't stand waste - especially pretty fabric.  I save every tiny little piece (anything an inch or wider).  For a while I didn't know what to do with it. Then I saw Victoria Findlay Wolfe's book 15 Minutes of Play.  Made fabric = perfect solution! I started to picture wonky stars made up of slabs of made-fabric. I pulled out my apple green scraps and made some adorable wonky stars in no time!
 How fun are those?
I have also been saving up some orange and black scraps for a fun Halloween spiderweb quilt.  I am so excited to see this one come together.
Ahhhhh, so nice to get some of those ideas out of my head and into reality.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I like your stars - and even though spider web blks are not a favorite - I like your version in the Halloween fabrics!!!! I am also creating a Victoria project right now, sewing crumbs of fabric together can be so much fun. I enjoy seeing the new 'fabric' as I build it up and am wondering what my quilt will look like when I am finally done creating all these blks!!! Keep up the fun and enjoy what you are creating! Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete